I wish we said “Post” here in America instead of “Mail”. “Post” is So charming, no?
what else is charming, is change. I made some changes the my Blog!
New year, New vision. That’s what i say.
i hope your January’s are all well (though nearly over)! it’s been unseasonably warm and wonderful here.
sunshine through the window. coffee in a Press. Letters to read over breakfast.
I’m a Happy Clam!
i just found this today, the poem “Equinox” by Edwin Morgan.
Edwin Morgan was a scot. Born April, 1920 and died in August of last year. He was the first Glasgow Poet Laureate and was named a Scottish National Poet 2004. A true treasure, i hope you enjoy.
The petals of the sun are edged
with purple death and dying rust;
Let us go walking through this spring
before the planet falls to dust.
Dear children, bring me other blooms
too lovely for analysis:
I have felt the sparrow’s fall
the dark disintegrating kiss.
I built my systems out of rain,
Feeling nowise limited;
Slept on the bosom of the moon.
Alas! My audience is dead!
The gardens have a dying smell,
The sea has lost its muscled sweep
And no god walks the hills to tell
Whether to wake or sleep
- NEED, PLAN, AND PRACTICALITY (or, PREPARING FOR A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!)
i. Before presenting a policy, you must establish that a current problem exists and relates to your audience
- (zombies! We’re gonna die!)
ii. Explain the problem
iii. How it effects the population
iv. Dangers if not fixed
- I should not have to explain why a zombie apocalypse is the WORST possible situation to be in. they are unstoppable. They are hungry. And contrary to popular belief, I believe zombies cloak themselves in handsomeness. They don’t look like Sophia Loren. They look like Alec Baldwin in a tailored suit. Phenomenal.
i. This is the hardest part. Everyone has a friggin’ opinion:
- “We should stand and fight!”
- “We should run and hide!”
- “We should make-out!”
ii. A plan should solve the problem with logic. And finesse.
- Explain your plan
- We should build a bunker and kidnap a scientist so he can mutate our genes so that we might become immune to zombie venom
- State who shall enforce this plan
- The prettiest person in the room will be in charge. Just to switch it up
- Discuss funding
- Magazine drive
- Will this plan absolve us of a zombie problem entirely?
ii. Advantages vs. Disadvantages
- What is worse? living underground eating nothing but corn chips in the hopes of survival? Or being gang banged by a group of hungry zombies
- You might say guns are the answer to fighting off a zombie attack, but try finding a responsible medic under times of duress should you misfire on your own face. You can’t.
i. Zombies: Anti-Zombie Venom
i. Zombies: Global Warming: anti-Zombie Venom
- As always, speeches need a Intro, Body and Conclusion
i. Best of luck, survivors…
A most wonderful pleasure is finding something precious within something mundane. Like a Pearl.
DID YOU KNOW THAT a pearl is just a hard rock of spit from a mollusk? poetic, i know. But it’s true. They’re just hawked-up loogies with a lustre. gross.
And yet, Pearls are beautiful. They are elegant. refined. poised. And still a little gritty when you rub them against your teeth to check for authenticity.(more on this later). The point–if i may–is that all darling things come from the spit glands of shellfish. Metaphorically speaking. My lesson is learning to embrace it.